Site Navigation

Open/Close the accessibility toolbar.

Layout
Font
Contrast
Save & Close

Chairs Committee

Thursday 3 July 2008

A meeting of the Chairs' Committee will be held at 9.30 a.m. on Thursday 3rd July 2008 at Endeavour House, Exeter to consider the following matters.

Any papers listed as "to follow", urgent items or supplementary papers will be made available as soon as possible and in any event at least 30 minutes before the start of the meeting.

S G Davey
Chief Executive
23 January 2008

Meeting agenda

  1. Apologies for Absence
    To receive apologies for absence from Members unable to attend the meeting.
  2. Declarations of Interest
    To receive any declarations from Members / Officers of personal and / or prejudicial interests in respect of matters for consideration at this meeting, together with the appropriate statement on the nature of any such declared interests which are required to be published in the minutes of this meeting.
  3. Items Requiring Urgent Attention
    Items which in the opinion of the Chairman should be considered by the meeting as a matter of urgency.
  4. Previous Outstanding Actions from the Sponsorship Group
    Update from members on previous outstanding actions from the Sponsorship Group Meeting, which was held on 8th May 2008.

    Closed Items (Items which may be considered by the Authority with only members of the Police Authority, appropriate Officers and expert advisors present, on the grounds that exempt / confidential information may be disclosed)
  5. Consideration to Excluding the Press and Public

    Recommended that the Agenda items detailed in the table below be considered as closed items

    Agenda item No Report Title Relevant Act Relevant section
    6. Sponsorship Group Minutes Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information Act 1985) Schedule 12A, Paragraph 3.
    Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
    7. Update on Devon and Cornwall Constabulary Change Programme Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information Act 1985) Schedule 12A, Paragraph 1.
    Information relating to any individual.
    8. ACPO Officers Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information Act 1985) Schedule 12A, Paragraph 1.
    Information relating to any individual.
  6. Sponsorship Group Minutes
    To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 8th May 2008.
  7. Update on Devon and Cornwall Constabulary Change Programme
    As a result of The Readiness for Change Study Report (RfCSR) a revised Change Programme is being developed. The attached paper sets out the key aspects of this approach. Appendix A and B are attached.
  8. ACPO Officers
    To consider bonus payments in accordance to the agreed scheme.
  9. Re-admittance of the Press and Public

    Recommended that the Agenda items detailed 10-14 be considered as?open items
  10. Special Priority Payment Scheme 2008/09
    Report identifying the qualifying roles for the Force's Special Priority Payment Scheme for 2008/09, which were agreed at the Organisational Development Group Meeting (ODG) which was held on 12th May 2008.
  11. Directors' Removal Expenses
    This report recommends the current expenses scheme for Directors' is amended to include an additional allowance for the costs of having to run two homes.
  12. Staff Code of Conduct
    The Audit Commission expect the Police Authority to have an Officer Code of Conduct in place. A draft is presented for consideration. Report to follow.
  13. Task and Finish and Working Groups
    To consider actions to implement the proposals that were set at the June Police Authority meeting. Items to follow.
    1. Diversity and Equality TOR Age
  14. Corporate Clothing
    To consider whether or not the Authority should purchase corporate ties and scarves for members. Report to follow.

Members of the Professional Standards and Complaints Monitoring Group:
B Greenslade, D Money, M Nevitt and C Wallin.

If you require any further information regarding this meeting please contact:
Joy Norris email joy.norris@devonandcornwall.pnn.police.uk

Devon & Cornwall Police Authority are not responsible for the content of external websites.
© Devon & Cornwall Police Authority. All rights reserved.