Corporate Governance Committee
11 June 2008
A meeting of the Corporate Governance Committee which you are requested to attend will be held on Wednesday 11 June 2008 at 14.30hrs in the Conference Room, Devon & Cornwall Police Authority, Endeavour House, Woodwater Park, Exeter to consider the items as detailed on the Agenda given below.
This meeting will be recorded with the intention of making the recording available via the Police Authority's website.
Any papers listed as "to follow", urgent items or supplementary papers will be made available as soon as possible and in any event at least 30 minutes before the start of the meeting.
S G Davey
Chief Executive & Clerk
To The Police Authority
- Appointment of Chairman
- Appointment of Vice-Chairman
To receive apologies for absence from Members unable to attend the meeting.
- Declarations of Interests
To receive any declarations from Members / Officers of personal and / or prejudicial interest in respect of matters for consideration at this meeting, together with the appropriate statement on the nature of any such declared interests.
- Chairman's Announcements
To confirm the minutes of the meetings held on A) 4 March 2008 and B) 30 April 2008 as a correct record.
- Update on Procurement of Firearms Inventory System
The report provides an update on the procurement of a new Firearms Inventory System. To follow
- Final Internal Audit Annual Report - 2007/08 Audit Plan
This report provides a summary of the work undertaken to complete the annual internal audit plan for 2007/2008.
- Annual Review of the Effectiveness of Internal Audit
The Authority is required to undertake an annual review of the effectiveness of internal audit in accordance with the Accounts and Audit Regulations. This report provides a summary of that review.
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
- Annual Governance Statement
The Annual Governance statement explains how the Authority has complied with the Code of Corporate Governance and also meets the requirements of regulation 4(2) of the Accounts and Audit regulations 2003 as amended by the Accounts and Audit (Amendment) (England) regulations 2006 in relation to the publication of a statement on internal control.
- Annual Assurance Statement
- Annual Governance Statement 2007/08
- Institute of Internal Auditors IIA-UK -? South-West District Society Conference
The South-West Society of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA-UK) held its annual conference in Bristol on 15-16th May 2008. The Head of Internal Audit attended and has provided this report on the event.
The Committee has responsibility for reviewing the Constitution and making recommendations to the Authority regarding amendments.
- Financial Regulations - a revised set of Financial Regulations is attached for the Committee's consideration and recommendations
- Scheme of Delegations? - to consider amendments and make recommendations to the Authority regarding the Scheme of Delegations taking into account comments from Members and the Force Chief officer team. To follow
- General - to consider comments from Members and make recommendations to the Authority regarding any suggested changes.
- Strategic Partnerships Governance
This report will detail progress to date on the strategic partnerships review.
- Green Agenda
A newsletter about the green agenda is being produced and will be made available to Members. To follow
If you require any further information regarding this meeting please contact:
Joy Norris, Assistant Chief Executive: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Members: Craig Bulley, Sir Simon Day, Martyn Hodge, Jo Norton, Jeremy Rowe, Carl Wallin