Site Navigation

Open/Close the accessibility toolbar.

Layout
Font
Contrast
Save & Close

Performance Management Committee

Tuesday 18 September 2007

A meeting of the Performance Management Committee to which you are requested to attend, will be held on Tuesday 18 September 2007 at 1000hrs in the Conference Room, Devon and Cornwall Police Authority, Endeavour House, Woodwater Park, Exeter, to consider the items as detailed on the Agenda given below.

Any papers listed as “to follow”, urgent items or supplementary papers will be made available as soon as possible and in any event at least 30 minutes before the start of the meeting.

S G Davey
Chief Executive & Clerk
To The Police Authority

Meeting Agenda

Open Items

  1. Apologies for Absence
    To receive apologies for absence from Members unable to attend the meeting.
  2. Declarations of Interests
    To receive any declarations from Members / Officers of personal and / or prejudicial interests in respect of matters for consideration at this meeting, together with the appropriate statement on the nature of any such declared interests.
  3. Minutes
    To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 16 July 2007 as a correct record.
  4. Terms of Reference for the Performance Management Committee
    Work is currently underway to compile a Constitution for the Authority. As part of that work each Committee is being asked to consider its Terms of Reference and make appropriate recommendations to the Authority.
  5. Performance against the Annual Policing Plan (Targets)
    This briefing provides details of the Force’s performance against the Annual Policing Plan Targets. This will include an analysis of mid-year performance and forecast year-end results. This report will follow to allow the most recent data to be provided.
  6. Protective Services
    The Deputy Chief Constable will provide Members with a verbal report of how protective services performance is managed in Force, and discuss the most appropriate ways the Authority can become more involved in the process.
  7. Review of Crime Investigation Teams
    To further update Members on the results of an inspection of the Crime Investigation Teams and their impact on Force performance. This will include details of the support provided to BCUs by the Major Crime Investigation Team. Report to follow.
  8. Performance Issues relating to the SOCRATES Project
    SOCRATES is a software programme to allow improved monitoring and sharing of forensics information and is being gradually introduced across the Force. This report, to be presented at the meeting, will update the Committee on its status and anticipated performance benefits.
  9. Magistrates Courts Act (MCA) Work Backlog
    To follow-on from concerns raised at the last meeting, Members will be updated on the corporate approach to ensuring Magistrates’ Court proceedings are commenced within the appropriate timescale. Report to follow, after discussions between the Chairman and the Deputy Chief Constable.
  10. Lead Member Update
    Lynne Dunn, Lead Member for the National Crime Recording Standard (NCRS) and National Standard of Incident Recording (NSIR), will provide a short briefing to Members on the work and training undertaken since taking on this role.

Next meeting: Tuesday 27 November 2007 at 10.00am in the Conference Room at the Police Authority Offices, Exeter.

Committee Members: M Bull, C Bulley, L Dunn, G Hicks, M Hicks, D Money, J Rowe, W Thomas and C Wallin.

If you require any further information regarding this meeting please contact Richard Martin email Richard.Martin@devonandcornwall.pnn.police.uk

Devon & Cornwall Police Authority are not responsible for the content of external websites.
© Devon & Cornwall Police Authority. All rights reserved.