Site Navigation

Open/Close the accessibility toolbar.

Layout
Font
Contrast
Save & Close

Resources Committee

03 June 2010

A meeting of the Resources Committee which you are requested to attend will be held on 3 June 2010 at 10:30hrs in the Conference Room, Endeavour House, Exeterto consider the items as detailed on the Agenda given below.

This meeting will be broadcast live on the Internet and recorded for future viewing.

Any papers listed as “to follow”, urgent items or supplementary papers will be made available as soon as possible and in any event at least 30 minutes before the start of the meeting.

S HOWL
Acting Chief Executive
Dated 24 May 2010

Meeting Agenda

Opening Items

  1. Apologies
    To receive apologies for absence from Members unable to attend the meeting.
  2. Declarations of Interests
    To receive any declarations from Members / Officers of personal and / or prejudicial interests in respect of matters for consideration at this meeting, together with the appropriate statement on the nature of any such declared interests.
  3. Chairman’s Announcements
  4. Resources Committee Minutes
    To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 1 April 2010 as a correct record. Includes the action log from the previous meeting for information.
  5. Provisional Revenue and Capital Outturn 2009-10
    Asks Members to approve the revenue and capital outturn for 2009-10, including the suggested treatment of balances and reserves and carry forwards. 
    1. appendix a
  6. Efficiency Plan Outturn 2009-10
    Asks Members to approve the Efficiency Plan outturn for 2009-10. Report to follow.
    1. appendix a
  7. Treasury Management
    Reports on Treasury Management performance for the period 1 April 2009 to 31 March 2010 and the operation of Treasury Management Strategy 2010/11.
  8. Police Property Act Funds – Annual Report.
    Outlines the initial distribution of funds for the 2009/10 financial year.  Report to follow.
  9. Update in respect of Devon & Cornwall Constabulary’s ICT Service Management activities for the period November 2009 – May 2010
    Provides an update on ICT Service Management activities.
  10. Risk Management – review of risks on risk register
    Recommends that the Committee
    1. a) gives consideration to the risks that have been allocated to the Resources Committee and the impact thereon of any decisions made in respect of the items considered at this meeting.
      b) considers all risks allocated to the Resources Committee and makes recommendations to the Risk Review Group of any suggested changes.
    Closed Items (Items which may be considered by the Committee with only members of the Police Authority, appropriate Officers and expert advisors present, on the grounds that exempt / confidential information may be disclosed)

    Recommended that the Agenda items detailed in the table below be considered as closed items

    Agenda item No Report Title Relevant Act Relevant section
    11 Annual report of Devon & Cornwall Police Claims Experience 2009/10 Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information) Act 1985 Schedule 12A, paragraph 5. Information in respect of which a claim to legal professional privilege could be maintained in legal proceedings.
    12 Procurement Update Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information) Act 1985 Schedule 12A, paragraph 3. Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
    13 Estate Strategy and Programme Update Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information) Act 1985 Schedule 12A, paragraph 5. Information in respect of which a claim to legal professional privilege could be maintained in legal proceedings.
  11. Annual report of Devon & Cornwall Police Claims Experience 2009/10
    The purpose of this report is to provide a briefing on the way in which civil claims are handled by Devon & Cornwall Police and to summarise some of the significant issues affecting the handling of civil claims within Legal Services and generally. Report to follow.
  12. Procurement Update
    Updates the Police Authority on Procurement activities and procurement savings achieved.
  13. Estate Strategy and Programme Update
    Progress update on the delivery of the Capital Building Programme & Estate Strategy including recommendation requests

If you require any further information regarding this meeting please contact Eleanor Tanner

Committee Members –  M Bull, M Clayton, S Day, B Greenslade, M Hodge, D Money, V Pengelly, L Price J Stanhope

Devon & Cornwall Police Authority are not responsible for the content of external websites.
© Devon & Cornwall Police Authority. All rights reserved.