Site Navigation

Open/Close the accessibility toolbar.

Layout
Font
Contrast
Save & Close

Resources Committee

Wednesday 20 September 2006

A meeting of the Resources Committee which you are requested to attend will be held on 20 September 2006 at 14:00hrs in the Conference Room, Endeavour House, Woodwater Park, Exeter to consider the items as detailed on the Agenda given below.

Any papers listed as “to follow”, urgent items or supplementary papers will be made available as soon as possible and in any event at least 30 minutes before the start of the meeting.

S G Davey
Chief Executive & Clerk
To The Police Authority

Meeting Agenda

Opening Items

  1. Apologies
    To receive apologies for absence from Members unable to attend the meeting.
  2. Declarations of Interests
    To receive any declarations from Members / Officers of personal and / or prejudicial interests in respect of matters for consideration at this meeting, together with the appropriate statement on the nature of any such declared interests.
  3. Resources Committee Minutes
    To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 26 July 2006 as a correct record.
  4. Property Sub Committee Minutes
    To note the minutes of the meeting held on 11 September 2006.
  5. Financial Monitoring
    This is an update on the financial position based on the spend profile.
    1. Appendix A
  6. Treasury Management Report
    This updates Members on performance against the Treasury Management Strategy.
    1. Appendix A
  7. 2005-06 Accounts: Audit Opinion
    The External Auditor’s opinion on the 2005-06 Accounts is awaited and will hopefully be reported at the meeting.  Oral report
  8. Cost benefits of Airwave
    This report gives an overview of the current state of delivery of Benefits that have been previously identified for the Airwave Radio System
    1. Airwave Benefits
  9. The Development Surveyor role
    Oral report on the role and responsibilities of the Development Surveyor.
  10. Journey Data
    Provides an update on the progress of the installation of Journey Data Recorders.
    1. Black Boxes
  11. Update on Server and Storage Strategy Implementation
    This paper is presented to the Committee to update Members on work planned for this financial year within the Server and Storage stream of the ICT Infrastructure Programme.
    Closed Items
    (Items which may be considered by the Committee with only members of the Police Authority, appropriate Officers and expert advisors present, on the grounds that exempt / confidential information may be disclosed)

    Recommended that the Agenda items detailed below be considered as closed items

    Update on the performance of the Devon Drugs and Alcohol Team [Devon DAAT]
    Agenda item No Report Title Relevant Act Relevant section
    12 Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information) Act 1985 Schedule 12A, paragraph 3. Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
    13 Briefing update on significant Analogue Radio Decommissioning Initiatives Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information) Act 1985 Schedule 12A, paragraph 3. Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
    14 Force Policy D257 Charging for Police Services Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information) Act 1985 Schedule 12A, paragraph 5. Information in respect of which a claim to legal professional privilege could be maintained in legal proceedings.
    15 Review of Intranet Project (IP2) Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information) Act 1985 Schedule 12A, paragraph 3. Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
  12. Update on the performance of the Devon Drugs and Alcohol Team [Devon DAAT]
    The committee has previously been appraised of the performance of the Devon DAAT.  This report provides an update on performance, the actions being taken and the outlook for the future.
  13. Briefing update on significant Analogue Radio Decommissioning Initiatives
    This is a briefing on the ICT developments relating to the decommissioning of the analogue radio infrastructure and includes mast disposal. This is an update to the briefing presented to the June Resources Committee and seeks to answer the questions raised there.
  14. Force Policy D257 Charging for Police Services
    The report provides an update on the topic of charging for Policing events and requires the committee to note the proposed changes to the policy. Report to follow.
  15. Review of Intranet Project (IP2
    This is a briefing on the Force Intranet project.  It provides an update on recent developments and follows reports given to previous Resources Committee meetings. Report to follow.

If you require any further information regarding this meeting please contact Eleanor Tanner.

Committee Members – T Evans, B Greenslade, D Money, M Nevitt, J Owen, C Ryan, J Smith, A Talbot, W Thomas.

Devon & Cornwall Police Authority are not responsible for the content of external websites.
© Devon & Cornwall Police Authority. All rights reserved.