Site Navigation

Open/Close the accessibility toolbar.

Layout
Font
Contrast
Save & Close

Resources Committee

Thursday 24 April 2008

A meeting of the Resources Committee which you are requested to attend will be held on Thursday 24 April 2008 at 10:00hrs in the Conference Room, Endeavour House, Exeter to consider the items as detailed on the Agenda given below.

Any papers listed as “to follow”, urgent items or supplementary papers will be made available as soon as possible and in any event at least 30 minutes before the start of the meeting

S G Davey
Chief Executive & Clerk
To The Police Authority

Meeting Agenda

Opening Items

  1. Apologies
    To receive apologies for absence from Members unable to attend the meeting.
  2. Declarations of Interests
    To receive any declarations from Members / Officers of personal and / or prejudicial interests in respect of matters for consideration at this meeting, together with the appropriate statement on the nature of any such declared interests.
  3. Chairman’s Announcements
  4. Resources Committee Minutes
    To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 7 February 2008 as a correct record.
  5. Financial Monitoring
    Provides an update on the financial position for the 2007-08 financial year.
  6. Treasury Management Report
    This updates Members on Performance against the Treasury Management Strategy.Report to follow.
  7. Business Benefits  ITEM DEFERRED TO NEXT MEETING
    Update on business benefits realised through projects.  Report to follow.
  8. Airwave Service Business Benefits Summary
    Provides a summary of the current state of benefits realisation of the Airwave Service, as deployed within the Devon & Cornwall Constabulary.
  9. Mobile data
    The purpose of this report is to appraise the Police Authority Resources Committee of the benefits and implications of rolling out mobile data access to the Neighbourhood Policing Teams as a result of the National Policing Improvement Agency initiative announced by the government in late 2007 (19th December).  Report to follow.
  10. Police Authority Members’ access to Restricted Devon & Cornwall Constabulary Data via email
    This report seeks to outline the national standards and restrictions that apply to documents containing restricted data being sent to Police Authority members and proposes possible solutions, with sufficient information regarding each possible solution to allow the Authority to make a decision between them. Report to follow.

    Closed Items (Items which may be considered by the Committee with only members of the Police Authority, appropriate Officers and expert advisors present, on the grounds that exempt / confidential information may be disclosed)

    Recommended that the Agenda items detailed in the table below be considered as closed items

    Agenda item No Report Title Relevant Act Relevant section
    11 Update on Plymouth Head Camera Project Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information) Act 1985 Schedule 12A, paragraph 3.Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
    12 Mercury project Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information) Act 1985 Schedule 12A, paragraph 3.Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
    13 Estate Strategy & Programme Update Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information) Act 1985 Schedule 12A, paragraph Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
  11. Update on Plymouth Head Camera Project
    This report updates the Devon & Cornwall Police Authority on the progress that has been made by the Plymouth Head Camera Project in the year following the conclusion of the National Pilot in March 2007.
  12. Mercury project
    The Mercury project has been created to manage the replacement of the current Command & Control and Crime & Intelligence systems with “commercial, off the shelf” products and asks the committee to authorise the project to conduct the invitation to tender phase of the project on behalf of the Police Authority as the “contracting authority”. 
  13. Estate Strategy & Programme Update
    The refresh of the Estate Strategy has been progressed over the last year and an updated strategy is presented to Resources Committee for consideration and approval.  The report also provides an update on the progress of the long-term Estate Programme. It highlights the achievement of important milestones and any major issues that are likely to threaten the delivery of any individual scheme.

If you require any further information regarding this meeting please contact Eleanor Tanner.

Committee Members – B Greenslade, M Bull, A Malcolm, D Money, M Nevitt, B Preston, J Smith

Devon & Cornwall Police Authority are not responsible for the content of external websites.
© Devon & Cornwall Police Authority. All rights reserved.