Site Navigation

Open/Close the accessibility toolbar.

Layout
Font
Contrast
Save & Close

Resources Committee

Thursday 26th April 2007

A meeting of the Resources Committee which you are requested to attend will be held on 26 April 2007 at 10:00hrs in the Conference Room, Endeavour House, Exeter to consider the items as detailed on the Agenda given below.

Any papers listed as “to follow”, urgent items or supplementary papers will be made available as soon as possible and in any event at least 30 minutes before the start of the meeting.

S G Davey
Chief Executive & Clerk
To The Police Authority

Meeting Agenda

Opening Items

  1. Apologies
    To receive apologies for absence from Members unable to attend the meeting.
  2. Declarations of Interests
    To receive any declarations from Members / Officers of personal and / or prejudicial interests in respect of matters for consideration at this meeting, together with the appropriate statement on the nature of any such declared interests.
  3. Resources Committee Minutes
    To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 1 February 2007 as a correct record.
  4. Financial Monitoring
    This is an update on the financial position based on the spend profile.
  5. Budget Working Party
    Presents the notes from the meeting of the Budget Working Party held on 13 April 2007.
  6. Treasury Management Report
    This updates Members on performance against the Treasury Management Strategy. Report to follow
    1. Appendix I
  7. The Lyons Report
    Recommends that members note the results of the Lyons Inquiry with concern that the financing of local government and the flaws in the council tax system still require action.
  8. Statement of Accounts New Regulations
    Changes to the Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) will have a major impact on the Statement that sets out the Authority’s Income and Expenditure for the year. This paper alerts Members to the changes in advance of the publication of the Statement of Accounts.
    1. Appendix I

  9. Closed Items (Items which may be considered by the Committee with only members of the Police Authority, appropriate Officers and expert advisors present, on the grounds that exempt / confidential information may be disclosed)

    Recommended that the Agenda items detailed in the table below be considered as closed items

    Purchase of Replacement Force Helicopter Schedule 12A, paragraph 3. Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
    Agenda item No Report Title Relevant Act Relevant section
    9 Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information) Act 1985 Schedule 12A, paragraph 3. Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
    10 Refreshed ICT Strategy Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information) Act 1985 Schedule 12A, paragraph 3. Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
    11 Civil Claims Annual Report 2005/06 Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information) Act 1985 Schedule 12A, paragraph 5. Information in respect of which a claim to legal professional privilege could be maintained in legal proceedings.
    12 Refurbishment of Sowton Vehicle Workshop Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information) Act 1985
    13 South Yard Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information) Act 1985 Schedule 12A, paragraph 3. Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
  10. Purchase of Replacement Force Helicopter
    Proposes the purchase of Eurocopter EC 145 helicopter for delivery in FY 2009 / 2010.
  11. Refreshed ICT Strategy
    This paper lays out the drivers for change in police ICT, proposes the principles that should underpin the provision of ICT in this Force and suggests the priority ICT activities for the next three years.
  12. Civil Claims Annual Report 2006/07
    Annual Report on the Constabulary’s Civil Litigation experience during 2006/07. Report to follow.
  13. Refurbishment of Sowton Vehicle Workshop
    Recommends the approval of an increase in expenditure on the Sowton Vehicle Workshop refurbishment.
  14. South Yard
    The paper outlines the cost increase of the build of and seeks Members approval. Report to follow.

If you require any further information regarding this meeting please contact Eleanor Tanner

Committee Members – T Evans, B Greenslade, D Money, M Nevitt, J Owen, C Ryan, J Smith, A Talbot, W Thomas.

Devon & Cornwall Police Authority are not responsible for the content of external websites.
© Devon & Cornwall Police Authority. All rights reserved.