Standards Committee Agenda
Monday 9 November 2009
A meeting of the Standards Committee will be held on Monday 9 November 2009 at 1000hrs in the Conference Room, at the Police Authority Offices, Endeavour House, Woodwater Park, Exeter, to consider the items as detailed on the Agenda given below.
Any papers listed as "to follow", urgent items or supplementary papers will be made available as soon as possible and in any event at least 30 minutes before the start of the meeting. Immediately following the meeting the new DVD from Standards For England "Assessment made clear" be shown in the Conference room. It is hoped to conclude both the meeting and watching the DVD by 12:00hrs
Acting Chief Executive
29 October 2009
- Chairman's Announcements
- Apologies for Absence
To receive apologies for absence from Members unable to attend the meeting.
- Declarations of Interests
To receive any declarations from Members / Officers of personal and / or prejudicial interests in respect of matters for consideration at this meeting, together with the appropriate statement on the nature of any such declared interests.
To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 21 July 2009 as a correct record.
- Joint Working with other Standards Committees
The Assistant Chief Executive will provide an oral update on the situation regarding Police Authorities and joint working.
- Ethical Standards Training
This agenda item provides the Committee with an opportunity to discuss future training for authority members and more specialist training for members of the Standards Committee.
- Standards Board Annual Assembly 2009
The committee Chair and Vice-Chair attended the 2010 Assembly and will make an oral report to the Committee about the event and the knowledge obtained.
- Report on South West Independent Members Group meeting
>Mr Harvey will provide an oral report regarding his attendance at the recent meeting of the South West Independent Members Group
- Standards Committee Best Practice / Compliance Check list
A compliance checklist for the Standards Committee has been compiled based upon an Audit Commission diagnostic tool. The checklist is presented to the Committee for information.
- Standards for England Publications
The following publications have been received since the last meeting of the Committee and are listed for the Committee's information:
- Corporate Plan 2009 ? 2012 ( held in the PA Library)
- Local Standards; national perspectives - The Standards For England Annual Review 2008-09: (held in the PA Library)
- DVD "Assessment made clear" (held by the Assistant Chief Executive)
- The Bulletin - No 45 ( circulated to all Members of the Authority)
Members of the Standards Committee: Sir Simon Day, Mr M Harvey, Mrs A Mayes, Mr D Money, Mrs V Pengelly, If you require any further information regarding this meeting please contact: Joy Norris email email email@example.com