Full Authority Meeting
Friday 5 December 2008
A meeting of the Devon and Cornwall Police Authority will be held on Friday 5th December 2008, 10:00 in the Amenity suite, Police Headquarters, Middlemoor Exeter to which you are requested to attend, to consider the items as detailed on the Agenda given below.
This meeting will be broadcast live on the Internet and recorded for future viewing.
Any papers listed as "to follow", urgent items or supplementary papers will be made available as soon as possible and in any event at least 30 minutes before the start of the meeting.
S G Davey
Chief Executive & Clerk to The Police Authority
- Apologies for Absence (10:00)
To receive apologies for absence from Members unable to attend the meeting.
- Declarations of Interest (10:05)
To receive any declarations from Members / Officers of personal and / or prejudicial interests in respect of matters for consideration at this meeting, together with the appropriate statement on the nature of any such declared interests which are required to be published in the minutes of this meeting.
- Items Requiring Urgent Attention (10:10)
Items which in the opinion of the Chairman should be considered by the meeting as a matter of urgency.
- Questions raised under Standing Order No.8 (10:15)
- Minutes (10:25)
To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 26th September 2008.
- Performance Reports (10:35)
- Performance Management Committee Minutes from the meeting held on 26th November 2008. To follow.
- Update on performance report (Power Point Presentation) - Report of the Deputy Chief Constable.
Summarises the performance activity of the Devon & Cornwall Constabulary to meet targets set by the Authority in its Annual Plan and uses iQuanta to benchmark with most similar forces.
- Chief Constable's Report (11.00)
This report provides a general update on policing issues since the last meeting of the Police Authority and includes:
- Major incidents and policing diary
- Personnel snapshot
- Awards and qualifications
- Decisions Taken Under Urgency Procedures (11.15)
Final Member approval for partnership development for Policing in Ottery St Mary. Oral report from the Treasurer.
- Government Grant Settlement 2009/10 (11:30)
Oral report from the Treasurer.
- Annual Audit Letter (11:45)
This is the annual letter of the Audit Commission summarising the conclusions and significant issues arising from the recent audit of the Authority. The Annual Audit Letter will be considered by the Corporate Governance Committee.
- Partnership Strategy (12.00)
Proposed Police Authority Partnership Strategy.
- Committee Minute Pack (12.30)
This pack provides minutes of the Committee meetings that have taken place since the last meeting of the Authority on 26th September 2008. To follow.
- Consideration to Excluding the Press and Public
Recommended that the Agenda items detailed in the table below be considered asclosed items
|Agenda item No
||Report on Workforce Modernisation
||Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information) Act 1985
||Schedule 12A, Paragraph 1.
Information relating to any individual.
- Report on Workforce Modernisation (12:35)
This report updates Members on the Workforce Modernisation project. To Follow.
Access to Police Headquarters is restricted and all visitors are requested to report to the Main Reception. Car parking facilities on site are limited. Provision for disabled parking is available. It is advisable to contact the main switchboard in advance on 101.
If you require any further information regarding
this meeting, please contact the meeting administrator: