Full Authority Meeting
Friday 9 May 2008
A meeting of the Devon and Cornwall Police Authority will be held on Friday 9 May 2008 at 10.00am in the Daw Room, County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter to which you are requested to attend, to consider the items as detailed on the Agenda given below.
Any papers listed as "to follow", urgent items or supplementary papers will be made available as soon as possible and in any event at least 30 minutes before the start of the meeting.
S G Davey
Chief Executive & Clerk to The Police Authority
- Appointment of Chairman
- Appointment of Vice-Chairman
- Apologies for Absence
To receive apologies for absence from Members unable to attend the meeting.
- Declarations of Interest
To receive any declarations from Members / Officers of personal and / or prejudicial interests in respect of matters for consideration at this meeting, together with the appropriate statement on the nature of any such declared interests which are required to be published in the minutes of this meeting.
- Items Requiring Urgent Attention
Items which in the opinion of the Chairman should be considered by the meeting as a matter of urgency.
- Questions raised under Standing Order No. 8
To confirm the minutes of the meetings held on 15 February, 14 March and 18 April 2008 and authorise the Chairman to sign as such.
- Performance Reports
- Performance Management Committee meeting held on 23 April 2008.? Report of the Committee Chair.
- Provides a summary of the items of business discussed at the last meeting of the Performance Management Committee.
- Update on performance report - Report of the Deputy Chief Constable. Summarises the performance activity of the Devon & Cornwall Constabulary to meet targets set by the Authority in its Annual Plan and uses iQuanta to benchmark with most similar forces.
- Chief Constable's Report - Updated report
This report provides a general update on policing issues since the last meeting of the Police Authority and includes:
- Major incidents and policing diary
- Personnel snapshot
- Awards and qualifications
- Reports from Committees
The following reports provide a summary of the items of business discussed at committees held since the last meeting of the Police Authority and are presented by their respective Chairmen. Where decisions are required from the meeting, these are included at the beginning of each report.
- Corporate Governance Committee meeting held on 30 April 2008.
- Human Resources meeting held on 1 May 2008.
- Performance Management meeting held on 23 April 2008.See Performance report at item 8.
- Professional Standards meeting held on 28 April 2008.
- Community Engagement meeting held on 2 April 2008.
- Resources meeting held on 24 April 2008.
- Standards Committee meeting held on 22 April 2008.
Presents for approval the Authority Constitution which sets down how the Authority will exercise its powers and duties to ensure the provision of an effective and efficient police service.
- Appendix a
- Appendix b
- Appendix c
- Appendix d
- Appendix e
- Addendix f
- Appendix g
- Appendix h
- Appendix i
- Appendix j
- Appendix k
- Protocols Working Group
Provides for final approval and adoption the recommendations of the Protocols Group, which has been commissioned to examine the function, role and scope of the Lead Member system and to explore the option for setting up Task and Finish Groups.
- Standing Orders
Presents a set of amended Standing Orders that are broadly in line with the existing Standing Orders but now reflect that they will apply appropriately amended to the Authority's Committees.
- Race Equality Scheme 2008-11
Asks Members to note the revised Race Equality Scheme as submitted and to give delegated powers to the Chief Executive in consultation with the Chairman of the Diversity Work to make any further amendments to the Scheme before it is finalised on 31 May 2008.
- RES Update
- DCPA RES plan
Recommends that the costs of providing webcast facilities at Police HQ and Endeavour House are approved.
- Police Authority Liaison Meetings
Provides a summary of Police Authority Liaison Meetings held since the last meeting of the Authority.
- Association of Police Authority Meetings
Provides a summary of meetings held by the Association of Police Authorities to which Devon & Cornwall Police Authority Members are invited.
Access to County Hall is restricted and all visitors are requested to report to the Main Reception. Car parking facilities on site are limited. Provision for disabled parking is available. It is advisable to contact County Hall Main Reception in advance on 01392 382504.