Full Authority Meeting
Friday 12 February 2010
A meeting of the Devon and Cornwall Police Authority will be held on Friday 12th February 2010, at 10:00hrs in the Amenity suite, Police Headquarters, Middlemoor, Exeter to which you are requested to attend, to consider the items as detailed on the Agenda given below.
This meeting will be broadcast live on the Internet and recorded for future viewing.
Any papers listed as "to follow", urgent items or supplementary papers will be made available as soon as possible and in any event at least 30 minutes before the start of the meeting.
Dated: 3 February 2010
- Apologies for Absence
To receive apologies for absence from Members unable to attend the meeting.
- Declarations of Interest
To receive any declarations from Members / Officers of personal and / or prejudicial interests in respect of matters for consideration at this meeting, together with the appropriate statement on the nature of any such declared interests which are required to be published in the minutes of this meeting.
- Items Requiring Urgent Attention
Items which in the opinion of the Chairman should be considered by the meeting as a matter of urgency.
- Questions raised under Standing Order No.6
To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 11th December 2009.
- Annual Policing Plan Including Targets for 2010/11
The Annual Policing Plan which incorporating targets for 2010/11 is presented to Members for approval in principle. Report to Follow.
- Treasury Management Policies and Practices
This report details changes required to Financial Regulations and Treasury Management policies and practices as a result of recent legislative and regulatory changes. The Corporate Governance Committee will scrutinise the proposed changes at their meeting on 10th February and their observations and recommendations will be made at this meeting.
- Budget 2010/11 and Three Year Financial Strategy to 2012/13
This report covers the spending proposals and key issues relating to the three year finance strategy. It is supported by a booklet of figures.
- Treasury Management Strategy for 2010/11
This report presents the Treasury Management Strategy for 2010-11 covering borrowing, lending and cash flow management. The Corporate Governance Committee will scrutinise the proposed Strategy at their meeting on 10th February and their observations and recommendations will be made at this meeting.
- Performance Reports
Summarises the performance activity of the Devon & Cornwall Constabulary to meet targets set by the Authority in its Annual Plan and uses iQuanta to benchmark with most similar forces.
- Performance Management Committee Brief update from the meeting held on 27th January 2010. Oral Update.
Update on performance report - Report of the Deputy Chief Constable.
- Chief Constable's Report (Cover)
This report provides a general update on policing issues since the last meeting of the Police Authority and includes:
- Forfeiture of Police Pensions Under police pension regulations, in certain circumstances, a police authority may determine forfeiture of a police officer's pension where that officer has been convicted of a serious offence. This report recommends the adoption of a drafted policy for Devon and Cornwall Police Authority.
- appendix a
- appendix b
- appendix c
- Joint Consultation and Community Engagement Strategy
This report presents the draft Joint Consultation and Community Engagement Strategy between the Authority and the Constabulary. The Community Engagement Committee considered the document at its last meeting on 20th January 2010 and recommended it for approval by the Authority.
- Independent Member Appointments 2011 This report requests the establishment of a selection panel and an interview panel for the Independent Member recruitment process in 2011.
- Bi-Annual Independent Custody Visiting Report This report summarises the output from independent custody visiting for the period 1st July 2009 to 31st December 2009.
- Committee Minute Pack This pack provides minutes of the Committee meetings that have taken place since the last meeting of the Authority on 12th December 2009. Report to Follow.
Access to Police Headquarters is restricted and all visitors are requested to report to the Main Reception. Car parking facilities on site are limited. Provision for disabled parking is available. It is advisable to contact the main switchboard in advance on 101.
If you require any further information regarding
this meeting, please contact the meeting administrator: Natalie Martin.