Full Authority Meeting
Friday 13 February 2009
A meeting of the Devon and Cornwall Police Authority will be held on Friday 13th February 2009, 10:00 in the Amenity suite, Police Headquarters, Middlemoor Exeter to which you are requested to attend, to consider the items as detailed on the Agenda given below.
This meeting will be broadcast live on the Internet and recorded for future viewing.
Any papers listed as "to follow", urgent items or supplementary papers will be made available as soon as possible and in any event at least 30 minutes before the start of the meeting.
S G Davey
Chief Executive & Clerk to The Police Authority
- Apologies for Absence (10:00)
To receive apologies for absence from Members unable to attend the meeting.
- Declarations of Interest (10:05)
To receive any declarations from Members / Officers of personal and / or prejudicial interests in respect of matters for consideration at this meeting, together with the appropriate statement on the nature of any such declared interests which are required to be published in the minutes of this meeting.
- Items Requiring Urgent Attention (10:10)
Items which in the opinion of the Chairman should be considered by the meeting as a matter of urgency.
- Questions raised under Standing Order No.6 (10:15)
- Minutes (10:25)
To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 5th December 2008.
- Budget and Financial Strategy (10:35)
This report covers the spending proposals and key issues relating to the three year finance strategy.It is supported by a booklet of figures.
- Treasury Management Strategy for 2009-10 (11:05)
This report presents the Treasury Management Strategy for 2009-10 covering borrowing, lending and cash flow management.
- Performance Reports (11:25)
Summarises the performance activity of the Devon & Cornwall Constabulary to meet targets set by the Authority in its Annual Plan and uses iQuanta to benchmark with most similar forces. Presentation to Follow.
- Performance Management Committee Brief update from the meeting held on 28th January 2009.
- TargetsTarget setting for 2009/10.
- Update on performance report - Report of the Deputy Chief Constable.
- Chief Constable's Report (11.50)
This report provides a general update on policing issues since the last meeting of the Police Authority and includes:
- Major incidents and policing diary
- Personnel snapshot
- Awards and qualifications
- Members Complaints Procedure (12:05)
Suggested Member Complaints Procedure for adoption.
- Policing and Crime Bill (12:20)
Report containing information on the general content of the Policing and Crime Bill.
- Independent Custody Visiting Report (12:30)
This report summarises the output from independent custody visiting for the period 1st June 2008 to 31 December 2008.
- Committee Minute Pack (12:40)
This pack provides minutes of the Committee meetings that have taken place since the last meeting of the Authority on 5th December 2008.
Decision required on minute number PM/545 within the Performance Management Minutes. To follow.
- Seminar Dates for 2009 (12:50)
Recommends that the dates for Police Authority Seminars in 2009 and the first Seminar in 2010 be as shown in report.
Access to Police Headquarters is restricted and all visitors are requested to report to the Main Reception. Car parking facilities on site are limited. Provision for disabled parking is available. It is advisable to contact the main switchboard in advance on 101.