Full Authority Meeting
Friday 26 September 2008
A meeting of the Devon and Cornwall Police Authority will be held on Friday 26th September 2008, 10:00 in the Amenity suite, Police Headquarters, Middlemoor Exeter to which you are requested to attend, to consider the items as detailed on the Agenda given below.
This meeting will be broadcast live on the Internet and recorded for future viewing.
Any papers listed as “to follow”, urgent items or supplementary papers will be made available as soon as possible and in any event at least 30 minutes before the start of the meeting.
S G Davey
Chief Executive & Clerk to The Police Authority
- Apologies for Absence (10:00)
To receive apologies for absence from Members unable to attend the meeting.
- Declarations of Interest (10:05)
To receive any declarations from Members / Officers of personal and / or prejudicial interests in respect of matters for consideration at this meeting, together with the appropriate statement on the nature of any such declared interests which are required to be published in the minutes of this meeting.
- Items Requiring Urgent Attention (10:10)
Items which in the opinion of the Chairman should be considered by the meeting as a matter of urgency.
- Questions raised under Standing Order No.8 (10:20)
- 1: Could the Chief Constable outline the strategy in place for Devon and Cornwall Constabulary to uphold the Hunting Act? Could he also confirm that the Police have not brought any prosecutions under this Act? Jill Owen
- 2: Rural Crime question - Mike Nevitt
- Minutes (10:30)
To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 27th June 2008.
- (A) Performance Reports (10:40)
- Performance Management Committee – Minutes from the meeting held on 10th September 2008.
- (B) Update on performance report - Report of the Deputy Chief Constable.
Summarises the performance activity of the Devon & Cornwall Constabulary to meet targets set by the Authority in its Annual Plan and uses iQuanta to benchmark with most similar forces. Power Point Presentation
- Committee Minute Pack (11:05)
This pack provides minutes of the Committee meetings that have taken place since the last meeting of the Authority on 27th June 2008. To follow.
- Chief Constable’s Report (11.15)
This report provides a general update on policing issues since the last meeting of the Police Authority and includes:
- Major incidents and policing diary
- Personnel snapshot
- Awards and qualifications
- Committee Memberships (11:30)
To agree Committee Memberships.
- Quest (11.45)
Home Office appointed consultancy in relation to Call-Incident Management and Crime Management. Report to follow.
- Standing Orders (11:55)
The Standing Orders have been considered by the Corporate Governance Committee and are recommended for adoption by the Authority.
- Standing Order Contracts (12:05)
The Standing Order Contracts have been considered by the Corporate Governance Committee and are recommended for adoption by the Authority.
- APA Structure (12:15)
Report updating Members on the recent APA revised structure.
- Independent Custody Visiting Bi-Annual Report (12:25)
Report summarising the output from independent custody visiting for the period 1st January to 30th June 2008.
- Approval of people to be appointed as Independent Members (12.35)
To submit oral recommendations for the appointment of new Independent Members.
- Meeting dates for 2009 (12:45)
Recommends that the dates for meetings in 2009 and the first meeting in 2010 be as shown in the report.
Report to follow.
Access to Police Headquarters is restricted and all visitors are requested to report to the Main Reception. Car parking facilities on site are limited. Provision for disabled parking is available. It is advisable to contact the main switchboard in advance on 101.
If you require any further information regarding
this meeting, please contact the meeting administrator: