Site Navigation

Open/Close the accessibility toolbar.

Layout
Font
Contrast
Save & Close

Full Authority Meeting

Friday 27 June 2008

A meeting of the Devon and Cornwall Police Authority will be held on Friday 27th June 2008 in the Amenity suite, Police Headquarters, Middlemoor Exeter to which you are requested to attend, to consider the items as detailed on the Agenda given below.

This meeting will be broadcast live on the Internet and recorded for future viewing.

Any papers listed as “to follow”, urgent items or supplementary papers will be made available as soon as possible and in any event at least 30 minutes before the start of the meeting.

S G Davey
Chief Executive & Clerk to The Police Authority

Meeting Agenda - Friday 27 June 2008

  1. Apologies for Absence (10:00)
    To receive apologies for absence from Members unable to attend the meeting.
  2. Declarations of Interest
    To receive any declarations from Members / Officers of personal and / or prejudicial interests in respect of matters for consideration at this meeting, together with the appropriate statement on the nature of any such declared interests which are required to be published in the minutes of this meeting.
  3. Items Requiring Urgent Attention
    Items which in the opinion of the Chairman should be considered by the meeting as a matter of urgency.
  4. Questions raised under Standing Order No.8
  5. Minutes (10:15)
    To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 9th May 2008.
  6. Performance Reports (10:20)
    1. Performance Management Committee – meeting held on 12 June 2008. Report of the Committee Chair.
      Provides a summary of the items of business discussed at the last meeting of the Performance Management Committee.Report to follow.
    2. Update on performance report - Report of the Deputy Chief Constable. Summarises the performance activity of the Devon & Cornwall Constabulary to meet targets set by the Authority in its Annual Plan and uses iQuanta to benchmark with most similar forces. Report to follow.
  7. Chief Constable’s Report (11:00)
    This report provides a general update on policing issues since the last meeting of the Police Authority and includes:
  8. Statement of Accounts for Year ending 31st March 2008 (11:20)
    RECOMMENDATION: That the statement of accounts and the prudential indicators for the year ended 31 March 2008 be approved. Report to follow.
  9. Debt Repayment: Annual Minimum Revenue Provision Statement (11:30)
    This issue will be discussed at the Resources Committee on the 18th June 2008 and their recommendation will be confirmed at the meeting. 
  10. Constitution (11:40)
    Presents amendments to the Authority’s Constitution for approval.
    1. Constitution
      Financial Regulations
  11. Standing Orders (11:55)
    Presents the amended Standing Orders for adoption.
    1. Standing Orders Final
  12. Task and Finish Group Report (12:05)
    To consider proposals to change the current system of Lead members and to agree systems to set up Task and Finish and Working Groups. Report to follow.
  13. Police Dog Welfare Scheme Annual Report 2007-08 (12:15)
    Provides a summary of the output from the Devon and Cornwall Police Authority Police Dog Welfare Scheme for the period of 1st April 2007 to 31st March 2008.
  14. Association of Police Authority Meetings (12:25)
    Provides a summary of meetings held by the Association of Police Authorities to which Devon & Cornwall Police Authority Members are invited.
  15. Date of the December Police Authority Meeting (12.30)
    The current date for the December Police Authority Meeting with another meeting involving the Chairman, Chief Constable and Chief Executive. It is therefore proposed that the meeting be held on 5th December and not the 12th December.
  16. Consideration to Excluding the Press and Public.

    Closed Items (Items which may be considered by the Authority with only members of the Police Authority, appropriate Officers and expert advisors present, on the grounds that exempt / confidential information may be disclosed)

    Recommended that the Agenda items detailed in the table below be considered asclosed items

    Agenda item No Report Title Relevant Act Relevant section
    17. Presentation on Recent Policing Issues Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information Act 1985) Schedule 12A, Paragraph 7. Information relating to any action taken or to be taken in connection with the prevention, investigation or prosecution of crime.
    18. Complaints Local Government Act 1972 as amended by the Local Government (access to information Act 1985) Schedule 12A, Paragraph 1.
    Information relating to any individual.
  17. Update on Recent Policing Issues (12:35)
    Presentation entitled Operation Shilton by Assistant Chief Constable Spencer on recent policing events.
  18. Complaints – G Hicks and M Nevitt (12:50)
    Report from the Chairman on complaints to the Police Authority.

Access to Police Headquarters is restricted and all visitors are requested to report to the Main Reception. Car parking facilities on site are limited. Provision for disabled parking is available. It is advisable to contact the main switchboard in advance on 101.

If you require any further information regarding this meeting, please contact the meeting administrator: Natalie Walters.
Telephone: 01392 268314.
Email: natalie.walters@devonandcornwall.pnn.police.uk

Devon & Cornwall Police Authority are not responsible for the content of external websites.
© Devon & Cornwall Police Authority. All rights reserved.